Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A Wall?

Has this new blogger hit a blogging wall? Is there such a thing as a blogging wall? And if so, is it what I think is happening here? Are you wondering where I've been, and why I haven't posted anything recently? I know what's wrong, and it has nothing to do with a wall.

You see, there's this little problem I have. It's something that I think will be the next big social/psychological problem/addiction. I haven't named it yet, but it has to do with people not interacting with other people because they are engaged/engrossed in playing with their iPads. I could go on about the symptoms, but let me give you an example. I saw this happen a couple of weeks ago. Four people sitting on a couch, each has an iPad, and no one is talking (except to ask another "user" how to do something on said device). I was one of the four and was having an enjoyable time. It was sad really, but oh so fun!

What should we call this social/psychological problem/addiction?

No comments: