Oh yes I do! My mom and I spent four busy, fun-filled days in The Big Apple in September. This was our first time in NYC, and we both want to go back. Correction, we NEED to go back! This city is amazing. It's big, bright, loud, crowded, beautiful, diverse, interesting, fun and more.
We went to Times Square, the Empire State Building, Rockefeller Center and The Today Show, The Brooklyn Bridge, Central Park, Grand Central Station, the Chrysler Building, the New York City Public Library and the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
We visited the Financial District where the new Freedom Tower is being built at Ground Zero. We didn't get to see the new 911 Memorial, but we did walk by Wall Street (inspite of the Occupy Wall Street protesters).
We took a cruise around Manhattan where we enjoyed an incredible view of the city, including the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island.
We took a cruise around Manhattan where we enjoyed an incredible view of the city, including the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island.
We walked up and then down 5th Avenue. The up 5th Avenue journey was to find the Apple Store. I was having trouble with a device and needed some help. The building has a glass elevator and glass stairs inside that take you below street level to the store. There were almost as many people in the store underground as there were above ground on the street. I hate to brag, but I will. So yes, I have been to the Apple Store in Manhattan! We went to FAO Schwarz, bought some overpriced candy and saw The Big Piano. Remember the Tom Hanks movie, Big?
We saw The Lion King. It was my first time to experience a play, and on Broadway no less. The actors were so talented and the costumes and music were beyond amazing. I was impressed. It was one of my favorite things we did while in New York.
We ate breakfast one morning at a McDonald's that was three stories tall. Now I wouldn't normally admit that I ate at McDonald's, but really people, three stories!
We learned to navigate the subway system, buses and taxis. We visited Macy's and rode to each of the 6 or 7 floors (can't remember now) via escalators. Some of the escalators were made of wood. We ate a hot dog from a street vendor and walked through Bryant Park one night during a concert. And, I made a new friend.
No comments:
Post a Comment