I like the word "random". Not the formal definition, but the informal definition of the word. My favorite use of the word is to use it as an adjective. I like adjectives, Adjectives give details. They create interest. They help make a long story even longer (One of my best talents, but I digress....making this post even longer). The formal definition using the word as an adjective is, "proceeding, made, or occurring without definite aim, reason or pattern." For example, the random selection of numbers. Boring.....
Now let's look at the informal definition using "random" as an adjective. The informal definition is, "unknown, unidentified, or out of place." For example, a couple of random guys show up at the party. Can't you just hear the sarcastic tone, random guys? That just cracks me up! Why? Who knows, it just does.
And speaking of adjectives and punctuation, were we speaking of punctuation? This punctuation saves lives poster cracks me up too!
I can just hear you saying it now, "well, that was a random post."
No comments:
Post a Comment